AvonWorldwide.com Privacy Statement
1. Who is responsible for your personal information
This Privacy Statement applies to visitors to Avon’s website www.avonworldwide.com (‘the Website’ and to Avon shareholders). References to “Avon”, “us”, “we” or “our” in this Privacy Statement means Avon Products Inc, Global Headquarters, Building 6, Chiswick Park, London, W4 5HR, United Kingdom or one of its affiliates, subsidiaries, or joint ventures. Where you provide personal information to Avon via the Website or hold Avon shares, Avon will be a controller of your personal information. This means Avon will decide the purposes for which and the ways in which the personal information is processed.
2. Personal information we collect
When using the term “personal information” in this Privacy Statement, we mean information that relates to you and allows us to identify you, either directly or in combination with other information that we may hold. We may collect the following personal information:
- contact details (including name, address, telephone number and e-mail address);
- any other information provided by you; and
- where you are an Avon shareholder, personal information required to manage your shareholding (e.g. basic contact details, details of shares held).
3. How and why we use the personal information that we collect
Avon may use the personal information for the following purposes:
- To facilitate an enquiry with Avon
Your personal information may be used to enable us to respond to an enquiry made via the Website and to fulfil any request made by you.
- To provide email notifications about investor relations information
Where you sign up to receive our email notifications about investor relations information, we will process your personal information to manage this service.
- For Avon’s business purposes
Avon may process personal information where necessary for the purposes of meeting our legitimate interests or those legitimate interests of third parties who work on our behalf. Purposes may include the exercising and defending of Avon’s legal rights or the rights of the others, fraud monitoring and prevention, data analysis and audits; compliance with applicable laws or pursuant to a valid request of a government authority.
- To facilitate any enquiry made by a shareholder
Where you are a shareholder, Avon may process personal information to respond to an enquiry made by you about your shareholding and to fulfil any request made by you. We may also process personal information connected with your shareholding for Avon’s business purposes, as set out above.
4. How we may share or transfer the data we collect
We may share your personal information with:
- other Avon group companies (for a list of these companies see www.avonworldwide.com/countries );
- Avon Foundation for Women (where you provide personal information to Avon as part on an enquiry or application to the Avon Foundation for Women);
- Avon’s external legal advisors, auditors, and qualified and designated due diligence providers and third-party service providers who provide services to Avon, such as information technology services, data hosting services and e-mail delivery services ;
- as required by applicable laws or pursuant to a valid request of a government authority, or in connection with dispute resolution proceedings;
- to third parties in connection with any proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Avon’s business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- as Avon believes necessary or appropriate for the other purposes listed in section 3 above.
This sharing will be for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement or to comply with specific legal obligations to which we are subject.
In order to provide to meet the purposes set out in section 3 above, we may transfer your personal information other countries where we have operations. By providing us with any Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States. Recipients of personal information may be located in a country which has different data protection laws which may have a lower level of protection for personal information. Avon uses appropriate safeguards to protect personal information which is transferred to different countries. Where personal information is transferred from within the European Economic Area to outside of the European Economic Area, European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses and other legally acceptable transfer mechanisms are in place.
If you choose to link to third party websites via our website, third parties may collect information about your use of our website. Similarly, where you choose to interact with Avon content on social media, third parties may collect information. Information collected by third party social media services is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. Where you are directed to a third party’s website by Avon, Avon is not responsible for the processing of your personal information by any third party.
5. How long we keep the personal information
Your personal information will be kept for as long as is reasonably required to achieve the purposes for which it was collected and for a length of time needed after to take into account any ongoing obligations we may have (e.g. to store the information for accounting purposes) or the length of time given to commence or defend any legal claims. If you would like more specific timescales please contact us.
6. Your rights
You have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccurate personal information we hold about you rectified. You may also have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information, to port your personal information to another controller or to have your personal information erased. If you have an issue or complaint about how we handle your personal information, please contact us. In the event we are unable to resolve the issue then contact your local data privacy supervisory authority.
7. Use of Website by children
The Website is not directed to individuals under the age of 16. We request that individuals under the age of 16 do not provide any personal information to Avon via the Website.
8. How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Privacy Statement please email our Data Protection team at email@example.com or write to Global Privacy, Global Headquarters, Building 6, Chiswick Park, London, W4 5HR, United Kingdom.
9. Updates to this Privacy Statement.
We may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will publish any new version of this Privacy Statement on the Website.