Brazil News | Mar 29, 2019
Avon Brazil recognised as the best company in the country for gender equality
Avon Brazil has been awarded for being the best company for gender quality in the country by influential business magazine, Exame.
The process compared 110 companies on a range of criteria including: strategies to promote diversity and inclusion, governance, corporate culture, accessibility, diversity management within supply chain, the strength of relationships with consumers and customers and overall internal diversity programmes focusing on areas like LGBTI+, disability and race.
For Avon, Exame recognised the company’s strong commitment to women and highlighted key successes from Avon Brazil including:
- Excellent representation by women throughout all levels of the organisation – including senior management and executive positions
- Pioneering internal policies designed specifically to support across a number of areas including on-site nursery facilities
- Special training for fathers-to-be and mothers returning from maternity leave
- Support for women dealing with domestic violence – and training to help identify associates dealing with domestic violence victims
- Special policies to support associates dealing with breast cancer, at every stage.
This recognition in Brazil comes after the global launch of stand4her, a response to the barriers still holding women back from reaching their full potential. Stand4her aims to improve the world by advancing women’s earning potential through the power of beauty, and their ability to live a safe and healthy life.