#SpeakOut: Resources and information on gender-based violence
If you, or anyone you know, is experiencing gender-based violence, you are not alone.
Gender-based violence can happen to anyone.
Below you can find frontline support in your country as well as information and resources to support others.
Our partner organisations
We’re proud to work with frontline services and organisations around the world to support survivors of gender-based violence and raise awareness of the issue.
You can find links to our network of partner organisations below.
If you are experiencing gender-based violence, the organisation based in your country can help you.
Abuse isn’t just physical
From speaking out, to ending verbal abuse together with NO MORE, we’re raising awareness to help support survivors of verbal abuse.
Our recent research found that 1 in 5 women are subjected to constant verbal abuse by a partner. Help us change this and #SpeakOut.
Know the signs of gender-based violence
Although every situation is unique, there are common signs to look out for.
Domestic violence can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Verbal abuse and threats
- Controlling behaviour
- Physical violence resulting in Injuries
- Intimidating or controlling behaviour resulting in isolation and low self-esteem
What can you do?
- Listen without judgement.
- Be clear this is not her fault. Nothing justifies abusive behaviour.
- Be patient. Give her time to talk, but don’t push her to give details or take action unless she’s ready. Allow her to make her own decisions.
- Contact your local helpline or hotline for expert support, find out more below.